SBC Week 1: Introduce yourself!
Create a page introducing yourself
Although many of my ‘old bloggers’ have already created an ‘about me’ page I’d like you to create an update. You have changed and grown during the past 10 months and your skillls have improved. I want to see that growth in confidence and skills in your update. Why not try something completely different. You could create a telegami, an A-Z post, a short bio, a poem or create a list of things people may not know about you. You could include information about your family, your pets, your passions and interests, favourite books and authors, music and artists, food, movies, subjects at school…
Below are instructions for creating your page.
- Login to your blog, go to the dashboard>pages>add new
- Change the title to About Me or something similar.
- If you only have one row of icons above the box, click on the last icon called the kitchen sink or toggle. This opens a second row which allows you to change font colours.
- In the box, write a bit about yourself remembering to be internet safe.
- When you have finished click the big button on the right side of your screen –send for review.
- Once you have saved your about me page, go back and delete the sample page.
- If your theme doesn’t show pages in the header area, then you will need to go to dashboard> appearance> widgets and drag across the Pages one to your sidebar.
Create an avatar AND a post about it
Create an avatar to use on our blogs. There are many different avatar creation sites on the web. I have explored many sites on the symbaloo of websites provided by Miss W on the week 1 challenge. Below are some of the avatars I created and links to the sites I used.
All of the sites I have included above did not require any registration. I found the easiest way to save it when complete was to do a screen shot or capture by selecting the Print Screen (PrtSc) button on the keyboard, open Paint, paste, crop and save the image as a JPG. From there it was as easy as going to the dashboard, selecting users, your avatar and following the steps from there.
Once you have created your avatar and uploaded it to your blog I’d like you to write a post about it explaining how it represents you. See mine below for ideas. Don’t forget to include a link to the site you used to create it. Have fun!
I chose this avatar to represent me because of all those I created, this was the one that looked the most mature. (Note I didn’t say the oldest) I gave my avatar reddish brown hair, hazel eyes and a broad nose. I also decided to put glasses on my avatar even though I don’t wear them all the time. I do need them when I am reading and working on the computer which is most of the time when I am in the library. I selected a green dress as it is one of my favourite colours to wear. The background I chose has flowers as apart from reading, gardening is my other passion. What do you think? Did I choose the right one?
I created this avatar using https://pickaface.net/create-avatar.html